Southland has nearly 100 foster and adoptive families and we recognize that there are unique challenges that come with raising children from hard places. Our goal is provide support for these families and help the whole church to fulfill the James 1:27 mandate in scripture. There are several ways that we wish to do that.
If you ARE a foster or adoptive family:
- Confidential prayer support. If you have a prayer request email FAM@mysouthland.com and a team of trusted intercessors will take your request to prayer.
- FAM potlucks. We host several family potlucks each year just as a way to connect and build community.
- Mom’s coffee group. We know that being a mom of kids from hard places can feel lonely – so we are starting a coffee group. Email FAM@mysouthland.com for details.
- We also host several conferences and workshops each year to help equip parents with practical tools. If you are interested in being informed on the various FAM events please subscribe to our email list by email FAM@mysouthland.com.
If you are interested in BECOMING a foster family:
- Intro to Foster Care is offered several times each year for families who want to learn about foster care from a Christian perspective.
- We have several foster parents who are willing to sit down with you to answer your questions and pray with you.
If you want to SUPPORT foster and adoptive families:
There are various ways to support foster and adoptive families at Southland. If you are interested in on-going support, you may consider becoming and advocate family for a foster and adoptive family. An advocate family prays for and helps support foster and adoptive families (organizing meals when a new child arrives for example.) For those who would like to support foster and adoptive families from time to time, baby-sitting support, offering meals, or mentoring of foster children are all amazing ways you can help. If you have an idea and would like to support a foster family, just email FAM@mysouthland.com with your idea!