Pre Encounter Notes
Encounter God Retreat
- Please read these notes in preparation for the retreat
- If you have questions regarding registration or payment, please contact Corrielynn Reimer at 326-9020, ext. 313.
- If you have any additional questions please contact Connie Chantziantoniou at 326-9020, ext 225.
- The point of this weekend is to have a life-changing encounter with God.
What will happen at the Encounter?
You will be given the opportunity to:
- hear God speak to you
- be cleansed of bondages, past sins, guilt and shame
- bring healing to your Generational Family Tree
- contemplate Jesus’ death on the Cross
- experience the filling of the Holy Spirit
- learn spiritual principles for overcoming schemes of the evil one in your life
- learn how to minister to others who are hurting and in bondage
How can I prepare to receive the most out of this Encounter?
1. Simply ask God what you need at the Encounter and be willing to trade your agenda for His.
2. Have an expectant attitude. Hunger and thirst for all that God wants for you (Matthew 5:6-8).
3. Do what you can to confess any known sin, clear up any petty grudges, bitterness or resentment in your heart. Set your heart to seek God and be diligent to read your Bible and pray. Don’t dull your soul with all kinds of distractions; for example, consider how much time you are exposed to media. In Scripture we can see how Moses prepared the people for an Encounter with God:
Exodus 19:9-11 Then the Lord said to Moses, "I am going to come to you in a thick cloud so the people themselves can hear me as I speak to you. Then they will always have confidence in you." Moses told the Lord what the people had said.  Then the Lord told Moses, "Go down and prepare the people for my visit. Purify them today and tomorrow, and have them wash their clothing.  Be sure they are ready on the third day, for I will come down upon Mount Sinai as all the people watch.
4. Pray and fast. We have found that those who fast and pray in preparation for the Encounter are more likely to be touched by God in some way at this retreat. This will enable you to meet with God and increase your spiritual alertness. Here are some ideas:
- Fast from food for one day (if possible).
- Fast from media for one week preceding Encounter
- Fast until supper time on the two days before the retreat
5. Find two people who will commit to pray for you every day during the week leading up to the retreat and for a couple of days afterwards.
A Word about Realistic vs. Unrealistic Expectations
Unrealistic Expectation: I am going to be completely healed and delivered and never be tempted again after this weekend – all my problems will be solved!
Realistic Expectation: God is going to plant a SEED of deliverance and righteousness in my life this Encounter; this seed will grow into a tree of FREEDOM in the coming months and years of my life!
1. One encounter with God isn’t enough – it needs to become a regular occurrence! The principles learned and experienced on this Encounter will need to be applied for the REST OF YOUR LIFE. If you feel the need for additional help we have personal prayer ministry teams, under the Four Winds Ministry, who are well trained to help you follow through with what you learned at the Encounter – just call the church and book an appointment.
2. The enemy doesn’t want you to encounter God so you can expect him to do whatever he can to keep you from getting the most out of this retreat. Don’t be surprised this week if: you feel sick and tired, you feel angry, you have an urge to pull out of this retreat, etc. Be strong; don’t let anything keep you from encountering God.
3. Only a small percentage of people have been powerfully delivered in an instant, never to struggle again in a particular area. God sometimes works this way, but not usually.
4. A large percentage of people find that the Encounter God Retreat is the START of their deliverance – they continue to find more and more freedom as they walk with God in the weeks and months to follow. This retreat is only one step in the healing journey that we are all on.
Time of Departure:
Supper will be served Friday Night @ 6:00-6:45pm. It takes approximately 1½ hours to get to the retreat centre from Steinbach. Please arrive early to get your keys and get checked into your room before dinner. The first session starts at 7:00pm sharp. It is very important for the success of the weekend that you are there for all the sessions.
A map is on the back of your Encounter brochure. If you need a ride from Steinbach please call Corrielynn Reimer at the church office no later than Monday morning, and she will do her best to arrange something for you.
You need to bring:
Please bring your Bible, a notebook and a pen. Participant manuals are provided. Dress is casual, comfortable clothing and shoes; and seasonally appropriate outdoor clothing in case you decide to do some outdoor activities during your spare time. There is a small grocery store next to the conference center, as well as good walking trails, and bicycles are also available. There are lots of friendly deer in Pinawa (but please don’t feed them). If you want to enjoy the hot tub you will also need to bring a bathing suit.
Towels and bedding are provided. Married couples will have their own room with a private bathroom. Singles will share a room with a private bathroom, but will have separate beds.
All meals are provided from Friday supper to Sunday lunch, including night snacks.
Above all, bring a heart that is willing to be ministered to by Lord Himself!