We missed you!
We couldn't be more thrilled to be worshiping together again as a church family, however, things will look a little bit different as we work hard to respect the Phase 3 re-opening guidelines the Manitoba Government has put in place for churches.
This is different, but not difficult at all! Please read the information below and then click on one of the service times to reserve a spot in the building.
Contact the church if you have any questions at all.
Please register for the service you wish to attend In person
- If you, or someone you know, wishes to attend a service but is unable to register online, please call the church office for assistance - (204) 326-9020.
- As per the guidelines, we are limited to 30% capacity in our meeting spaces with sections of no more than 50 people, so if your plans change such that you are unable to attend, please cancel your registration so we can reassign your seat.
If you are unwell, attend online instead
Please stay home and participate in our Livestream if you or your child:
- has had a fever in the past 14 days,
- shows any symptoms of COVID-19 (runny nose, cough, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, shortness of breath), or
- has been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
What we are doing to maintain safety
- Hand sanitizer is available at all of the entrances.
- Our properties team will be doing extra cleaning/sanitizing throughout the weekend.
- We are refraining from handshakes, hugging, fist-bumps, etc. for the time being.
- The Connection Cafe and coffee stations will not be open on the weekend.
- We will be socially distancing between family groups (3 chair widths apart) in the Auditorium, RTC and Reception Hall even in the smaller sections of 50.
- We will be dismissing groups by section after the service.
- We will clearly designate some doors to enter and others to exit.
Questions & answers
How do I sign up to attend church?
Simply head down to the gold section below this information and choose the service you would like to attend. You will be prompted to choose a section in the Auditorium, the Retreat & Training Centre or the Reception Hall (reserved for families with young children).
I am in a wheelchair (or with someone who is), when should I sign up to attend?
We do not need you to sign up ahead of time. We have our regular wheelchair accessible section available during all services, and a contingency plan if more space is needed. Before the service an usher will come to request your name and contact information for our records.
The same is true for those accompanying individuals in wheelchairs; they do not need to sign-up ahead of time.
I am deaf (or with someone who is), When should I sign up to attend?
Our deaf ministry will be happening during the 11:00 AM service again! We have the same space reserved for you already! You do not need to register ahead of time just show up at 11:00 AM! We will take your name and phone number at that time for our records.
The Deaf Livestream will also be streaming at 11:00 AM now.
What should i expect when i arrive?
Smiling faces. (Our Welcome Team has literally been going nuts smiling and waving at their family and pets for the last 3 months.) Here are a few other things you should know.
- Please plan to arrive ahead of time (20-25 minutes).
- You can park wherever you like and use whatever entrance is most convenient.
- We will have maps up on the screens so that you can find the section you signed up for.
- Ushers will be available to help you find your section.
- If you save or print your "ticket" for the service, it will be much easier for you to remember where you were planning to sit and for ushers to help you if needed. (But don't worry, you don't need a ticket to get into the church!)
what will the seating look like?
We have the Auditorium and RTC split in to roughly 50-person sections (some have less due to space). In these sections, we are requesting that you allow three empty chairs between family units to allow for appropriate social distancing.
The Reception Hall will have adequately spaced tables for families to sit at.
Will you have children's programming?
Sadly not yet. At this time it would be very difficult to run children's programming of any sort (including nursery or pre-school). We are encouraging families to watch Kids Church Online before or after attending a service.
Will the parent room be open?
The current Parent Room (across from the Auditorium) will be reserved for nursing mothers only. But we have the Reception Hall set up with tables for families and the RTC lobby area by the curved window wall will be reserved as a "Parent Room" area.
will you be offering after-service prayer?
After-Service Prayer will continue to be offered online for the current time. You can access ASP by emailing email@example.com.
will you be taking an offering?
We will not be passing any offering baskets, but they will be located at the exits. And you can always continue with Online Giving.
Will washrooms be open?
Yup! But not all of them as we need to do extra cleaning between services. They are clearly marked open or closed.
Will the library be open?
Not on the weekend, however the library is open during the week. You can check out books at the front desk.
Will I need to wear a mask?
It is not currently a requirement in Manitoba, but we want everyone to feel as comfortable as possible so you are certainly welcome to wear one.
Will we be singing?
You bet! The province of Manitoba has not required churches to refrain from singing as part of their COVID-19 guidelines.